Garmin nuvi 2595LMT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by John, May 27, 2014.

1. John

John

Hi
    Can anyone please help me on this ? Just got this the other day having trouble figuring out on how to save the addresses that I put in to it. and the option to where you type the town or city in . It has the option for the address number and street but not the town city. Help menu does not help at all on this. For some reason this garmin nuvi 2595 LMT is not like the ones of had in the past. Thank you for any help on this.

John, May 27, 2014
  2. John

Flyboy

Hi, I had the same questions as you. Go to the page where the search bar is located at the top and the home icon is under it. On the right you will find three buttons. The top one is labeled Categories, then under that is labeled Saved Places, under that one is the button labeled Previous Places. That's where all your previous destinations are stored.

In the search bar you can type in the category, of business, a business or place by name, or a street address, to go to another city enter the city and state then the name or address. Start typing and it will search for the thing under the search bar. When you see the item you like just touch it. Just start typing and it becomes intuitive. The Garmin doesn't work like my former Magellan GPS, it's different. Good luck and enjoy.

The on screen help is basically helpless and it's not any better than the instruction manual which is the worst one I have ever seen for an electronic device.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
    Flyboy, May 27, 2014
Ask a Question