Garmin Nuvi 3790 reboots every 15 minutes

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by atikovi, Nov 6, 2022.

1. atikovi

atikovi

This just started after doing a map update where a message said it doesn't have enough memory for the update and to insert a memory card. So bought and installed a 32GB card and the update completed. Then I went for a drive and now the thing shuts off and reboots every 15 minutes. Is there a way to undo the update or some other solution?

atikovi, Nov 6, 2022
  2. atikovi

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

If you install Garmin Basecamp on a computer you will be able to use the Map Inststall option in basecamp to examine what is stored on both internal memory and the microSD card, it will allow you to delete the new map, you can then re-download the new map, I would recommend using the install to computer only option, this will place the new map on the computer hard drive and be visible in Basecamp, you can then use Map Install to send the new map to the microSD card or internal memory if there is room, Basecamp will show you how much memory is needed and how much is available

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 6, 2022
  3. atikovi

atikovi

I looked at the Garmin site and it mentioned formatting the SD card so I just did that and the update. Will see how it works out tomorrow on a road trip.

atikovi, Nov 6, 2022
Ask a Question