Garmin Rino 655t

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by That Rino Guy, May 10, 2022.

1. That Rino Guy

That Rino Guy

Hello, folks--

I have a "bricked" Rino 655t-- it freezes when booting up so I know it is getting power.

Does anyone here know of a workaround to force Windows to recognize the device so I can format it and do a clean re-install?

If push comes to shove and I want to replace its drive with another one, what drive (Texas Instruments, Sandisk, etc) does the 655t use for memory.

Thanks much.

That Rino Guy, May 10, 2022
  2. That Rino Guy

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The operating system of your 655t will be held on internal memory chips, this memory is not replaceable, you may have additional memory in the form of a microSD card but this does not hold the operating system

I don't recommend trying to 'format' the internal memory, but even if you did, where would you obtain the files needed to carry out a clean re-install?

If you do have a microSD card installed you could try removing it and seeing if the 655t will boot up, this will only help if any corrupted files are on the microSD

Nuvi-Nebie, May 11, 2022
Ask a Question