Garmin RV890 voices

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by garmp, Aug 30, 2021.

1. garmp

garmp

My new RV890 will only work with the default Zoe voice for directions. I have other voices loaded, but they remain silent during operation, only Zoe speaks. Spent hours on the phone with techs. Uploaded this & that. Did factory resets. Re-down loaded new updates, etc. Most everything the tech could think of. Finally sent me a new replacement. Same thing. He then told me that there have been other complaints about the same problem. They can't seem to recreate the problem, but are working on a "fix". They told me to watch my emails as the "fix" should be on it's way. It's been over 2 months and not a word.
    On our first trip with it we grew tired of the voice and wanted another, I mean, we paid good money for this & it should work as advertised. It doesn't.
    Other than the voice issue, it has been a great little device.
    Just wondering is any other owners have tried different voices and what your results have been. Did I just get two lemons? Or is this common.

garmp, Aug 30, 2021
  2. garmp

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Are the other Voices shown in the :- Settings >> Language >> Voice Language Menu or is only Zoe visible?, If the other Voices are Visible, are they selectable with 'SAVE'?

This is not really a solution to your problem, but you could try Garmin Voice Studio, this allows you to record your own Voices (or use other audio files that you may have) to create a new /Garmin/Voice/'My-Voice.VPM' file

Also Garmin Express can update Voices, you may be able to re-install them

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 3, 2021
  3. garmp

garmp

Yes thte voices are in the Lettings and are all visible. Select any voice other than Zoe and no sound/directions.

garmp, Sep 5, 2021
Ask a Question