Garmin Zumo 395LM and deleting pre-installed map.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ruffe, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Ruffe

Ruffe

Hi all.

My device came pre-installed with a North America map. Since I live in Norway and very rare drive in US :) with my bike. I would like to delete it and rather use the space for maps I use. Can the pre-installed map be deleted?

Thanks
    Ruffe

Ruffe, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ruffe

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The answer is probably yes, although I would suggest that you copy anything that you want to delete to your computer first, so that you can restore it back if something goes wrong, the file is in a folder called .System, this folder may be hidden by your computer, so you may need to change the settings to 'Show Hidden Files', the file is called gmapprom.img, this file can hold multiple maps and any replacement map(s) will have the same file name eg :-

map.jpg

As the gmapprom.img file can hold multiple maps, you may find that removing it will remove not only the North America map but also your Norwegian maps as well, in this case you will have to re-install your Norwegian maps

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 10, 2018
Ask a Question