Getting Survey Coordinates into waypoints?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by smacnaught, Mar 18, 2021.

1. smacnaught

smacnaught

Hello, I hope someone here can assist me with an issue I am having trying to get the coordinates below imputed as waypoints in the my GPS?

Note: I believe the following coordinates should reflect the South Western point of a property?

N87°58'10"E

N2°01'45"W​

Does anyone have experience with this type of coordinates? What is the Coordinate Type? Hopefully one of you can let me know how to get converted into my Garmin Montana as a waypoint?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Steve

smacnaught, Mar 18, 2021
  2. smacnaught

LostAgain

Hello Steve,
    They look like degrees, minutes and seconds format?
    Not sure what the 'N' preceding each is for though, never seen that before.
    Maybe try creating a waypoint on the Montana from any location, then editing the coordinates manually for the waypoint to match your desired coordinates.
    Pretty sure you can change the coordinate format on a Montana to match, or you could also try this site for converting -
    Code:
    http://www.boulter.com/gps/
    Enter the coordinates with a single space between them but without the 'N' preceding them.
    Cheers

LostAgain, Mar 19, 2021
  3. smacnaught

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The two sets of figure don't represent co-ordinates they are bearings, in other words they are pointing you in a certain direction from your current position, the first one is counting 87 degress ( in Degress, Minutes and Seconds format), from North towards East so it is roughly pointing East, the second one is counting 2 degrees from North towards the West so that is slightly to the left of North

The current position may have been supplied with these two bearings but without it the bearings can't be used, they only tell you to go in a certain direction from a known point and we don't have that

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 19, 2021
Ask a Question