Go to lines un wanted

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by brooksdj, Nov 25, 2017.

1. brooksdj

brooksdj

I have a Garmin etrx20. Quite often i use the "go to" command instead of "map" when i want to look at a way point. In doing so it draws a stright line from that point to my home way point. Is there any way to get rid of these lines they are taking up a lot of screen space and getting in the way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

brooksdj, Nov 25, 2017
  2. brooksdj

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would think there is a 'Stop Navigating' option, or you could 'clear the current track' as follows :-

2017-11-26_08.48.37.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 26, 2017
  3. brooksdj

brooksdj

Thanks

I have about 30 of these GO TO lines from various way points to home base but i'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens.

Dave

brooksdj, Nov 26, 2017
  4. brooksdj

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

That doesn't sound right, I would perform a 'Reset All Settings', Warning, this will return the unit to factory default and remove all your Waypoints, Tracks, Routes etc.so you need to back-up all data you want to keep before doing the full reset

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 26, 2017
  5. brooksdj

brooksdj

I'll do a screen capture of what i'm mentioning and post if to have a look see.

Dave

brooksdj, Nov 27, 2017
  6. brooksdj

brooksdj

here is what i get by doing a go to instead of map. As you can se i have 3 straight lines heading to my home base and a number heading to secondary base point 006. These are the ones i'm trying to erase.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.41.35 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 10.41.35 AM.png

brooksdj, Nov 27, 2017
  7. brooksdj

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It looks like these waypoints are part of a Route (or Track), do you have Routes / Tracks on your Etrex20 or on Basecamp that contain these Waypoints?

Please note that before Routes can be sent between Basecamp and your GPS, that they must both contain the same map

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 28, 2017
  8. brooksdj

brooksdj

I believe i have the routes and tracks on this unit. It tracks my atv routes, start point-end point, fine its just when i make the mistake of looking at a specific point and hit the go to button instead of the map button these straight lines show up for example point 73 to 006 or 048 to 006, 078 to 54 etc. these are not tracks or routes. I'm new to basecamp but if i back up my way points, then do a reset i assume i can reload these waypoints onto the garmin and the lines will go away, probably my routes lines will be gone as well correct.??
    Side note i have not installed any maps on my etrax20 just the default that comes with the machine.
    Dave

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    brooksdj, Nov 28, 2017
  9. brooksdj

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Yes, you can copy Waypoints, Routes and Tracks from your Etrex to Basecamp, reset the Etrex and then copy just Waypoints back to start with, hopefully this will remove all, the 'lines', then copy Routes back to the Etrex and check again for 'lines', finally copy Tracks to Etrex and check for 'lines'

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 28, 2017
Ask a Question