GPS for Motorcycle use

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by PaulATL, Sep 16, 2013.

1. PaulATL

PaulATL

This has probably been asked and answered before but I need a GPS for motorcycle riding that has the following features:
    1) Specific route planning - I do not want to choose between fastest and shortest - I want to be able to plan (either on the unit or on the PC to be saved to the unit) a custom route with the twists and turns I want to make.
    2) Route recording - if a friend leads the ride, I want to be able to record and save the route for future use.
    3) Save and name routes - the ability to save any route (recorded or planned) with a name for future repeated use.
    4) POI - the ability to ask about nearby restaurants, gas stations, hotels.

Anything beyond these simple functions is fluff I do not need - I do not need to be able to talk to my unit or have Bluetooth - just the functions I have listed above.

The unit does NOT have to be a motorcycle ruggedized unit - a car unit would work as I can always put a plastic bag over the unit to keep it dry.

Oh and by the way - as cheap as possible.

PaulATL, Sep 16, 2013
Ask a Question