GPS Simulator with USB control

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by tomh, Dec 21, 2015.

1. tomh

tomh

Hi, first post here so hello to you all.

I work for an agricultural machinery dealer and we are trying to make a setup so that we can run our guidance displays on their own without fitting them to a machine for training and demonstration purposes. For this we need to export NMEA strings from a laptop simulator. I have had this working in a fashion with free demo programs I have found online but for this to really work well we need to be able to control the simulator with a USB controller of some sort (game pad or steering wheel e.t.c). This is where I have become stuck and need a bit of help. Is anyone aware of such a program that lets you control the GPS co ordinates so to speak?

The simulator needs to output GGA, GSA, RMC @ 19200 baud and we also need a differential signal aswell.

If anyone can point me in the right direction it would much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom

tomh, Dec 21, 2015
  2. tomh

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It would be possible to record the NMEA output from a GPS and store that data on a laptop, so that when it is fed to your guidance device, a 'fixed' simulation would be available, however it won't be as flexible as having a 'live' simulation from say the output of a real steered device

Nuvi-Nebie, Dec 22, 2015
Ask a Question