Gps that navigates through parking lots?

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Davido, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Davido

Davido

So I finally got sick of using my phone as a GPS. I can't find one app that does everything I want. But waze when navigating will lead me through parking lots to show me where a business is at. But with waze, I can't stand all the ads. Also with the way they format the screen, it shifts the car way to the right to make sure there is room for ads which I find way annoying. I've tried other GPS apps such as sygic and other ones and I dont like them either. So I just bought a Garmin. I like it except it won't navigate me to a business through a parking lot. If the business is in a strip mall quarter mile wide, it will navigate me to the spot on the street where the entrance is to the strip mall but now I'm on my own to find it. Oh and it has to tell speed limits. Google maps doesnt do that and it drives me crazy.

Does anyone know of an app that will do this? Or way more preferably a GPS device? I have the Garmin drivesmart 51 and it doesnt do this.

OH also it has to have traffic data built into the app or device

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Davido, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Davido

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Apps. and dedicated GPS units auto-route in much the same way, the difference is the maps they are using, a 'driving' GPS will only use roads/tracks that it knows about and that are 'allowable' for cars.

You can add routeable OpenStreetMaps to Garmin units that have more detail than the maps supplied with the unit

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 28, 2018
Ask a Question