GPS to remote monitor

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Sandbuster, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Sandbuster

Sandbuster

I don't see a lot of activity here but hoping someone may be able to provide some info. At 77yo I prefer to see GPS data on a larger screen. I am considering this monitor:
    Code:
    amazon.com/gp/product/B0829YWW7G/ref=ox_sc_act_image_3?smid=A1BMOVQDL91XA2&psc=1

Code:
    amazon.com/gp/product/B00B155G5M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A10457612WO1BMEZZRBGG&psc=1

I drive a late model Toyota 4runner and the intention is to have a 10' screen to display two cameras (front & rear) and the GPS data - my issue is I'm not quite sure as to how to interface the GPS to the remote monitor. It seems like I would need a GPS receiver with some sort of "video out" feature. Have never done this particular setup before so I'm wondering if it's even possible? I'm experienced with camera setups but not integrating in a GPS signal. Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Sandbuster, Jan 10, 2022
  2. Sandbuster

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't know of any satnav that has a video output that you could use in this way, the only way I can see you getting what you want is to purchase a satnav that has a 10 inch display to start with such as the GARMIN DEZL LGV1000 LMT-D, you could add a deicated (radio linked) camera to this satnav, although you may be limited to only one camera

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Sandbuster

Sandbuster

Appreciate your reply. I agree so far what I'm seeing are tablets with GPS with a very few allowing a "one camera input" which is easy to deal with by running the camera feeds thru a switch controlled splitter then into the monitor. Was hoping for something simple but it is what it is..

Sandbuster, Jan 11, 2022
  4. Sandbuster

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 15, 2022
Ask a Question