GPS Tracker for supervising expeditions

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by CSDOE1, Feb 12, 2024.

1. CSDOE1

CSDOE1

Newbie question here, and apologies if it is already answered on the forum, I have tried searching and not found what I am after.

I help supervise kids expeditions for the Duke of Edinburugh award and we would like to get some trackers. Having looked online I know there are anumber of subscription services but they all seem expensive for what I would need. I would like 3 devices and they would only be used for a couple of 3-4 day expeditions per year to track groups of participants.

Some of the devices I have seen appear to be Queclink GL320MG or similar but they all seem to be pre packaged with subscriptions.

Is it feasablle to buy these devices and some sims that will always roam in the UK and set them up myself for occasional use? And if so, is this achievable at a lower cost than a packaged deal at roughly £125 to buy and £8 in use £1 not in use plus VAT.

Thanks in advance!

CSDOE1, Feb 12, 2024
  2. CSDOE1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Search Amazon UK for Queclink GL320MG

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 18, 2024
Ask a Question