GPS unit wihtout screen?

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Yves, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Yves

Yves

First post on this forum, newbie in the gps world also french speaking from Canada so bare with me if my request is not well explained. Here i go: i bought a new car having a radio unit with a large screen with no GPS. The unit is android and apple CarPlay compatible so i know i can connect my iPhone and use maps or any other apps available. I would like to be able to use a gps without using my datas and having to download maps every time i need to go somewhere. Of course i could buy a gps from the market but i dont want to have a second screen, i'd like to have it connected to the main screen of the car.
    The ideal gps would be a complete unit (antenna and electronic) without screen that connect to the car unit via bluetooth or wire and use actual car screen so it become exactly like a factory car gps.
    Do this type of device exist?
    Best Regards,

Yves, Jul 2, 2017
  2. Yves

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a lot of Android Apps that will turn your unit into a Satnav, OsmAnd will do this, you can download maps to the unit so it does not require an internet connection to work, however this kind of App. usually expects the Android unit to have a GPS receiver built-in, so you would have to ensure that the App. you choose will allow the use of an external GPS receiver, connecting either by Bluetooth or USB connector, a unit like the Garmin Glo unit will do this

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 3, 2017
Ask a Question