GPS with Google Earth maps?

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by caper26, Jun 2, 2014.

1. caper26

caper26

Hey guys. First post. I have never used or owned a GPS. I have always travelled the old fashioned way by planning on a map, etc. I have recently rediscovered the outdoors (have more time now), and maps don't show features that Google Earth can provide me (trails, hidden roads/paths, tree clearings, etc).

My friend used his cell phone which showed our current location on Google Maps/Earth, which was really awesome, however, I often travel into places with NO CELL coverage.

I am looking for an inexpensive GPS with some sort of Google Earth looking maps with sufficient detail as such.

What are some options?

I am in Canada if that matters. Not looking for all the "bells and whistles". Just a map with my location on it will do. I will be using it more for sport fishing in lakes and streams, so if there is an option for water depths, that might be a consideration.

Thanks.

caper26, Jun 2, 2014
Ask a Question