GPSMAP 65s

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Patto, May 11, 2021.

1. Patto

Patto

I recently bought this device with UK TOPO 1:25 card for all of GB. On this card the UK is split into 5 tiles. I can view 3 of them fine but 2 of them will not show the 1:25 detail when I zoom in. Anything after 5km zoom level does not display on the tile for wales/west England or South Scotland. All other areas display as they should. All maps are enabled on the setup screen.
    if I switch the card to a different device, etrex 20x, all displays as it should. many suggestions/ideas?

thanks

Patto, May 11, 2021
  2. Patto

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Are there any other maps on the 65s when trying to view the 5 TOPO tiles?, the only thing I can think of is that other enabled maps covering those 2 areas are preventing 2 of the 5 tiles zooming correctly. If there are any other maps on the 65s then I would try disabling them leaving only the TOPO map tiles enabled

Nuvi-Nebie, May 12, 2021
  3. Patto

Patto

Yeah, the garmin ones NR or DR I think they are called. Tried disabling them and same issue.

Patto, May 12, 2021
  4. Patto

Patto

another issue I’ve come across is the map vanishing during use.
    had the device out on a walk at the weekend in the lakes. Map all setup and viewing fine but twice when I checked the OS map had disappeared and all I could see was the track I was walking in the screen. Only way to get it back to normal was to turn the device on and off.

Patto, May 17, 2021
  5. Patto

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Nuvi-Nebie, May 17, 2021
Ask a Question