GPSmap 66st resets when I'm conenct to BaseCamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by TullBall, Apr 13, 2020.

1. TullBall

TullBall

[​IMG] First, sorry for the bad English.

I have just bought the Gpsmap 66st, and have some problems with it, when I use Baseamp.

Some times when I'm connect to BaseCamp, i get a message-box. (see picture).[​IMG]

Quick translation:

The following elements can not be transferd

1 Waypoint
    2 Routs
    3 Tracks

Unit does not support the GPS-elements or BaseCamp need upgrade.

Press OK to transfer the other elements you have chosen (if there are any)

It has happen many times, and usually it works, but three times, the result is that the 66st, is get restored to factory settings.

I have the latest v. og BC, and even re-installed it.

Any idea?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    TullBall, Apr 13, 2020
  2. TullBall

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I think this is a general communications error on the 66st, it is possible that the data stream via the USB interface is being corrupted, you could try a different USB connector on your computer or (if possible) a different computer.

It is also possible that the physical connectors on the 66st, the USB cable and the computer may be the problem, so maybe try replacing the USB cable and cleaning the 66st and computer contacts by inserting and removing USB plugs a few times, if you still get the same problems, I would concider asking for a replacement 66st unit as even if there was a communications problem I would not expect it to restore your 66st to factory default

Nuvi-Nebie, Apr 14, 2020
  3. TullBall

TullBall

Sorry for late replay.

I talked to local Garmin-support. They will send me a new one. I'm excited on the result of that.

TullBall, Apr 25, 2020
Ask a Question