gpsmap64x map/display questions

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Canada Mike, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Canada Mike

Canada Mike

I just bought one of these as my first GPS unit. Most of it is fairly self-explanatory, but I have two questions:
    1) The default map display has roads, trees, and water showing. I was expecting what I a topographical map. But no mater what map(s) I enable, I'm not seeing it. IS it not included, or is there some setup I need to do?
    2) Is there a way to input a/some geograpical coordinate and have it show up on the map as a point(s) I wish to get to?

I'm in Ontario, Canada

Canada Mike, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Canada Mike

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

You don't say which map your 64x was supplied with, I'm guessing you want contour lines and the map supplied doesn't have them, is that correct?, you can install more maps that do have contour lines on, some may even be free to download, you can also get overlay maps of contours that are shown at the same time as your current map

I think you need to do some reading up on your 64x, take a look at the 'Create a Waypoint' entry in the 64x user guide page 4, mark your current location, then edit this new waypoint, to enter different co-ordinates and waypoint name

2021-02-14_10.41.20.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 14, 2021
Ask a Question