GPSMAPS 60CSX - GPS does not show lattitue and longitude.

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by marsheng, Jun 15, 2022.

1. marsheng

marsheng

I'm from New Zealand and am on holiday in Singapore. I can find enough satellites to get a position and I can log a bike ride. however it seems that my unit is set to New Zealand. I do also have 60c and it shows the lat and long.

Any suggestions ? Screen.jpg

marsheng, Jun 15, 2022
  2. marsheng

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

As you have moved 4000 miles since your GPS got a satellite fix you need to give it a little more help, take it outside with a clear view of the sky and give it some time, say 30 minutes (probably a lot less will be needed), the roof of a tall building would be fine

2022-06-16_10.30.30.jpg

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 16, 2022
  3. marsheng

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ah, I wrongly assumed that the picture of the GPSmap 60CSx above was showing that the unit had not yet got a satellite fix, however the '3D' icon and 18 m shows it had got a satellite fix and was not displaying the Latitude and Longitude because the unit Position Format is set to NZ

I was misled by the lack of satellite 'bars' on both photos which were insufficient to get a fix, however this was due to the units both getting a fix (presumably while outside) and then losing the 'bars' (but not the satellite fix), when being brought inside for the photograph to be taken

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 2, 2022
Ask a Question