Hand-held GPS devices that can use NTRIP

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by simon.ritchie, Aug 20, 2019.

1. simon.ritchie

simon.ritchie

This matter has been discussed before but as far as I can see the threads are now very old and out of date.

I'm interested in hand-held GPS devices that can use the corrections from an NTRIP caster.

I've been experimenting with the Emlid Reach M+ device. The list price is $265 dollars, not including an antenna and ground plane (both of which are required). You also need a smartphone or internet-enabled laptop to make it work in the field. Initial results are promising as far as accuracy is concerned, but as a hand-held device it's rather clunky and a bit temperamental.

Does anybody have recent experience of other devices?

simon.ritchie, Aug 20, 2019
  2. simon.ritchie

simon.ritchie

I should also have mentioned the Trimble Catalyst. I've seen this at a trade show, but I've never used one. At about $300 it's cheaper than most Trimble devices and they assured me that it could use any NTRIP correction service, not just Trimble's own. (That service is very good, providing corrections anywhere in the world, but it's expensive.)

simon.ritchie, Aug 20, 2019
Ask a Question