Hardwire Garmin 2639LMT GPS

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by dprus, Feb 20, 2015.

1. dprus

dprus

Hi all,

I would like to hardwire a new Garmin 2639LMT GPS I just purchased into my car. I e-mailed a few sellers on eBay about hardwire cables they were selling but they all told me their cables don't work with 6" units. I'm guessing the 6" units use more power?

Anyway - I browsed to Garmin's website to find the manual for my GPS to see if I could determine the power draw and noticed they had an accessory listed: FMI 25 cable. It looks like this cable is meant for businesses to use and not really designed for consumers. I couldn't determine if it will actually power my GPS either.

The 2639LMT has the traffic feature and it appears that it uses the power cable as the antenna for the traffic service so I'm also concerned now about buying just any power cable off of eBay since that might break the traffic feature.

Anyway - if anyone has any recommendations on the best way for me to go about hardwiring a Garmin 2639LMT without losing traffic that would be awesome.

Thanks!

dprus, Feb 20, 2015
Ask a Question