Heat Resistant GPS Unit

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by GMAW, Nov 26, 2019.

1. GMAW

GMAW

Hi all, I am seeking a manufacturer that produces a GPS system that can withstand (or is insulated to be able to withstand) extreme heat. Specifically, I am seeking a device that can repeatedly withstand temperatures greater than 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Can anyone provide insight in to whether there is a manufacturer out there with this capability? Thanks!

GMAW, Nov 26, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. GMAW

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Maybe a little more detail may help, does the device 'in the heat' need to be :-
    1. A GPS anetenna wired to a remote receiver
    2. A receiver that logs position to a memory card (with no display)
    3. A receiver with no display that sends data to another unit (either wired or wirelessly)
    4. A fully handheld device capable of both displaying in real time and logging position

Nuvi-Nebie, Nov 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. GMAW

GMAW

Hi Nuvi-Nebie. Thank you for responding. I believe that what I need is a receiver with no display that sends data to another unit. Essentially, I need to be able to track the position of items (with an attached receiver) which can be communicated to a centralized monitoring site. Both the item itself and the receiver will be exposed regularly to extreme heat (over 200 degrees F). I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but the terminology associated with GPS is all new to me. Thanks again for taking the time to help!

GMAW, Nov 27, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question