Help BaseCamp

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Bucko, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Bucko

Bucko

Relative newby here having trouble with Basecamp, and hoping someone can offer advice.

The computer that I originally used to load various maps into Basecamp and my GPS has died. I installed Basecamp on my new computer and all my old maps are still on the GPS and show up in Basecamp, but I can't find any way to have those maps show up in Basecamp when the GPS is not connected. In particular, I have a unlocked .img map that I'd like to have show up in Basecamp.

By Googling I've tried all manner of utility and virtual drive methods for having the maps show up in Basecamp without the GPS attached but none of them work. I have a feeling I'm missing something simple.

I have the latest version of base camp installed on my PC and the GPS is a Garmin Oregon 600.

Thanks for any advice.

Bucko, Jan 7, 2015
  2. Bucko

Nevw

You could copy the maps to a usb stick using the same directory structure and basecamp should be able to read the maps from that.

Nevw, Jan 12, 2015
  3. Bucko

Bucko

Hi:

Thanks for your note. I actually tried that but it didn't work (quite likely I'm doing something wrong). But I had read online in some posts that it was no longer required to put the maps on a removable drive in order for BC to see the maps.

Typically maps come with 'install' packages but I know that I've 'installed' some maps, .img files, that didn't come with installers. Can't remember how I did it but I think I used on of the JaVaWa tools.

Bucko, Jan 12, 2015
  4. Bucko

Nevw

forums.gpsreview.net has much more traffic and has some very expert users - i suggest that you ask there. List the things you have tried and i am sure they will find a solution in the end. It seems to me to be something simply fixed too.

Nevw, Jan 13, 2015
Ask a Question