Help Choosing GPS

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Lostoften, May 26, 2024.

1. Lostoften

Lostoften

I have a client that sends me a KMZ with waypoints. I have to go to them and drive a stake. I have been using google earth and google maps to locate the locations. i then use GPS Map Camera APP to take a picture of the stake with the coordinates on the picture to show it was placed in the correct location. My problem is when I am out of cell service for a long time the Camera App will not update accurate coordinates. It says offline. I have also had problems with Google maps showing map info. I was wondering if there was a handheld GPS that would do what I need without breaking the bank or if I should be using different APPS on my phone? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lostoften, May 26, 2024
  2. Lostoften

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Your Smartphone has a built-in GPS that does not require a cellphone connection to work, there are many free Apps. that you can use to mark your present location, Try something like GPS Waypoints or Mapmarker, Also osmAnd can be used for mapping that does not require a cellphone connection as all maps are pre-downloaded to your phone

If you still want a stand alone GPS, virtually any GPS unit wiil allow you to mark Waypoints so I would look at the Garmin Etrex10 or if you want maps on your GPS maybe the Garmin Etrex 22

Nuvi-Nebie, May 26, 2024
Ask a Question