Help converting coordinates. NAD83 North Zone MO

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by travman, Jul 9, 2020.

1. travman

travman

I need to locate a property marker in the ground. The survey company used NAD 83 North Zone MO to do it. I have tried converters and stuff but it never puts me remotely close (ocean or India). Anyone know much about this? I know its fairly an old type. I just need this translated into something a phone app or XT (tried all the stuff in my XT) could nav to like with Min, Sec.

N:1076198.54
    E:2827640.17

Any help would be much appreciated!! Thanks guys!

travman, Jul 9, 2020
  2. travman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Assuming the location is somewhere in North Zone Missouri, the Latitude / Longitude would be in the region of 38 - 40 North and 90 - 94 West, so I the numbers don't seem represent Lat/Long. directly, they may be some measurement North and East of a datum, it may be referring to the US National Grid, but I would then expect both letters and Numbers like this :-

15S VE 282764 10761

I guess the area you would be interested in would be USNG 15S, in the above example the equivalent Lat and Long would be N 39 50.6 W 93 50.3 (Degrees + Mins)

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 9, 2020
Ask a Question