Help with the right bit of kit if it exists !

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by DWM, Sep 12, 2017.

1. DWM

DWM

Hi,

I am new and come to this forum to see if any one can help me get the right bit of kit for my challenge.

I am cycling London to Paris for charity I will be writing a blog, ruining a campaign with Facebook, Instagram etc I am doing it for Kidneys and also raise awareness in organ donations as I am a transplant patients.

I am wanting a GPS which people will be able to track my progress on a website or even better if I can patch it thorough to my own website by running a applet etc. there are loads of cycling apps out there such as strava but cant seem to find something which I can use ... any ideas GPS experts....

DWM, Sep 12, 2017
  2. DWM

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

It isn't possible to track a stand alone GPS device because it is basically a radio receiver i.e. it does not transmit anything, you need to find a device that is described as a 'GPS Tracker', this device has a GPS receiver and a cell phone in one box, to save power it usually does not have a display, the cell phone part requires a sim card so it can make a call either to another cell phone or to an internet web-site that will store your position and allow other users to view your route.

Do a search on Ebay, Amazon etc. for 'GPS Tracker', they usually have built-in batteries but they only last a few days before they need re-charging, some (for cars), can be connected to an external battery or power-pack similar to a cell-phone pack.

This website does not allow advertising of products - all advertising post will be removed

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 12, 2017
Ask a Question