HERE Technology used by GM Factory Installed Head units

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Challenger, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Challenger

Challenger

Does anyone here know where one can obtain reasonably priced updates for Chevy VOLT? My 2018 Chevy VOLT Premier is loaded with every available option, yet has GPS/Navigation maps that are 8 years old! This really sucks to have an expensive late model automobile that basically has maps dating from the first year, 2011-2012 period.

It appears that GM just continued the same maps from the original Gen 1 in 2011. Since mine is 2018, you would think it would have come from the plant with at least 2017 maps installed. GM's third-party map supplier wants $159.95 plus a
    ridiculous $19.95 shipping fee for a tiny USB stick! They state that these are 2020 maps. They will be getting dated after a few more months.

Some users will wonder why I even want to bother with factory GPS systems at all. The head end unit is a nice 8-inch easy to read touch-screen display, and I want to be able to use it as intended. My favorite navigation systems are the Garmin Voice Command units in the 6-inch size. They are easy to use, easy to read, and always have FREE updates four times a year! You can be basically full hands off any controls while driving...very neat and safe. Plus they have live traffic updates, sort of like Waze and some others.

Challenger, Jul 11, 2020
Ask a Question