How Can I Turn on Tracking Zumo 595LM?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Ray Sherman, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

Hi,
    I'm fairly new to the Zumo 595LM and would like to know how to turn on tracking. I'd like to add, I'm not looking to share, etc. tracks through streaming.
    I created a route with waypoints in Basecamp for Mac using mapping for snowmobile trails. My snowmobile mapping software is compatible with both Basecamp and my Zumo. There are some area's that are off the trail along with off road. I would like to track the way I went for future use to add into a route I may create with waypoints in the future using Basecamp for Mac. I have a few questions;
    1) I can't find how to turn on tracking on the Zumo in order to upload it to Basecamp for Mac.
    2) Is it possible to just upload the track and/or just a portion of it in Basecamp?
    I would sincerely appreciate any help and/or tips on how to accomplish this. Thanks, Ray

How Can I Turn on Tracking Zumo 595LM?

Ray Sherman, Feb 12, 2018
  2. Ray Sherman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Turn on tracking with :-
    Settings . . Device . . Travel History

View Tracks on Zumo with :-
    Apps > Where I've Been

Upload Tracks to Basecamp with :-
    Copy Tracks from Zumo

When Tracks are in Basecamp they can be edited, (delete parts etc.), tracks can be joined together, deleted etc.

Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 12, 2018
  3. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

Thanks for the reply......... My App "Travel History" is checked. I went into the App "Where I've been" but, it doesn't show anything. The route I created in Basecamp and took is still on the Zumo. If the Zumo was tracking while I was traveling the route wouldn't it show a tracking line on the map as I go? I did read somewhere to turn on "Trip Log" under map layers. Thanks, Ray

Ray Sherman, Feb 13, 2018
  4. Ray Sherman

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Yes, the 'Where I've been' Trips are usually selected by pointing to the appropriate date to show a history of past trips, the Settings >> Map & Vehicle >> Map Layers >> Trip Log >> [checked] enables the user to display the current Track being created before it is stored in the 'Where I've Been' log

Edit
    It may be that a newly generated Track is only transfered to the 'Where I've been' area after the unit has been turned off and then back on again, not sure

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Nuvi-Nebie, Feb 13, 2018
  5. Ray Sherman

Ray Sherman

Thanks....... Right now I have no tracks on my Zumo. I'll check everything you recommended to do and check to see if it's tracking next time I go out. Thanks again for all your help. Ray

Ray Sherman, Feb 13, 2018
Ask a Question