How can I use a GPX track on my Nuvi 2789?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by fpiette, Sep 26, 2022.

1. fpiette

fpiette

I have GPX tracks (Trails) that I can send to the Nuvi 2789 using BaseCamp. But I don't know how to display it on the map like I do with my other GPS (Garmin Oregon 450T).

When I send a route, I can show his map and start following it using the trip planner application (Not sure about the application name in English: I use French on the Nüvi). This application only show routes, not tracks.

Any advice appreciated.

fpiette, Sep 26, 2022
  2. fpiette

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Unlike the Oregon which is intended for walking / hiking, car satnavs are more road based as your car does not leave the road, because of this Garmin only allows Routes (that are auto-routed along roads) to be downloaded to satnavs, they concider Tracks covering un-mapped areas to be of no use when you are in a car

Satnavs do sometimes display Tracks on screen, but only Tracks recorded by the unit itself, not downloaded Tracks

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 26, 2022
    fpiette likes this.
Ask a Question