How does Navteg correction process work.

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by O'B, Jan 17, 2018.

1. O'B

O'B

Looking for help on how to correct data on navteg.

I'm working on a project for a mountain resort where I'm on Ski Patrol. New addresses have been added to the data base by the county planning board. They are responsible for adding all 911 street adresses to the system. With all that power and they have no idea how the information is then picked up and distributed to GPS units.

This information is vital for quicker response of our fellow first responders. Some of the issues we have are the addressees don't line up correctly on the highway. We also have resort buildings on private roads and don't line up with new 911 addresses. It's apparent to me that these private roads need to be added and I need to find out how. When I rechecked at the planning board these addresses line up right on top of the buildings. I need to figure out where the translation didn't work and make corrections.

I'm looking for information, idea's, solutions or a new direction. Basically looking for someone to explain how the Data travels in the system and it's updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018
    O'B, Jan 17, 2018
  2. O'B

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I can't find any map company called Navteg, did you mean Navteq?

Navteq supply maps such as City Navigator for Garmin units and although it is possible to submit corrections / additions to Navteq, there is no guarantee they will add your corrections to their maps

It is possible for you to create Waypoints of any location that includes the latitude / longitude position of say a 911 address and then download these Waypoints to a GPS unit so that they can be viewed on top of an existing map, you can then 'goto' any selected Waypoint

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 17, 2018
Ask a Question