how to read these coordinates

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Waterlink, May 23, 2024.

1. Waterlink

Waterlink

Hello, my wife and I are trying to find the location of a property in the Philippines. Along time ago she paid for a share but the seller disappeared without notice. My best efforts to read these coordinates locate me to somewhere in Botswana, along way away from. Lapu lapu in the Philippines.
    Any help to read the attached picture 20240523_205602.jpg is much appreciated.

Waterlink, May 23, 2024
  2. Waterlink

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I don't think the coordinates are Latitude / Longitude, I think they are Northings and Eastings, this is where the world is divided into squares like in the UTM system where Lapu Lapu would be in UTM zone 51P, a corner of this square would be the starting point to count a number of metres North and number of metres East, however I can't make the figures work

Nuvi-Nebie, May 24, 2024
  3. Waterlink

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I have determined the shape of the land, if you subtract 1716254 from the Northings and 1821716 from the Eastings you get these figures :-

Lapu-Lapu.jpg

When you plot the new figures on a grid you get :-

Lapu-Lapu2.jpg

Do you know anything about the plot of land ?, does it cover an area roughly 75 by 50 metres ?

Nuvi-Nebie, May 25, 2024
Ask a Question