How to upload an img file to a Smart 65

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Pmhiker, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Pmhiker

Pmhiker

I have uploaded to many different nuvis without any problems but can't figure out to to upload to the Smart 65. Please help.

Pmhiker, Jan 1, 2020
  2. Pmhiker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The picture viewer option is not available on all satnav units, I can't find any mention of it in the DriveSmart 65 user manual, I don't think that feature is available on this unit

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Pmhiker

Pmhiker

Thanks, but I am talking about a map.img file not a picture.

Pmhiker, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Pmhiker

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ah, OK, a map img file named gmapsupp.img (or gmapprom.img) can be written directly to a microSD card and inserted into a garmin satnav unit, however usually there can be only one img file so if you already have a microSD card holding an img file you would be losing the existing maps contained in the original img file

It is possible to combine the contents of several img files into a single img file by installing the maps into Garmin Basecamp and then sending all of these maps to the unit in one (bigger) img file

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 2, 2020
Ask a Question