I came for support but the limitations are limiting

Discussion in 'Announcements, Site Problems & Feedback' started by WindsorGirl, Mar 25, 2014.

1. WindsorGirl

WindsorGirl

I came for support on my GPS that will not update the maps even though I paid for lifetime updates and was able to update it when I first bought it last year.

I tried to submit a post with detailed information so that people can help me. Now I see why there are not a lot of posts here. I have to post 20 times before I can ask for help??

I took a screenshot of my updated software and put a link to the Magellan page I am directed to.

I guess I can ask for help without these things but it is then harder for people to understand my problem. I have already tried to contact Magellan but I got an error when submitting a ticket to them.

I understand the 20 post requirement as a way to prevent spammers but there are better ways such as using an anti-spam mod for vB which is available at stopforumspam's site. I know about them because I have been a long time spam fighter even though I personally use SMF as a forum.

Anyway just wanted to explain why 20 posts might not work for a forum that seems to be for support with GPS. Do you know where else I could go to seek help with my GPS? I am out of ideas and could use any help possible! THanks

WindsorGirl, Mar 25, 2014
  2. WindsorGirl

Ian Administrator

Thanks for the feedback - it's less than ideal having the 20 post minimum requirement for links/external images, but we have had major problems with manual spammers that the SFS plugin doesn't touch (we're running that too).

If you have an image to post, it should be possible to upload it as an attachment instead - or if it's a link it's fine to post as text, as that deters spammers hunting for links. I'm sorry it's a pain this way, but until I upgrade the software (hopefully soon) this is the only way to keep some of the manually spammers at bay. I'll see what I can do to make this less of a problem in future.

Ian, Mar 31, 2014
Ask a Question