I do not recommand Twonav Aventura 2

Discussion in 'Other GPS Devices' started by laurentjzl, Feb 26, 2021.

1. laurentjzl

laurentjzl

Hello,

I bought the Twonav Aventura 2 in October 2020 with the IGN cartography of the whole France, Land 8 and various accessories. I chose the option "installation of IGN maps" on a 64 GB SD card to make it easier for me.

The result is catastrophic:

1 - The maps were well on the SD card (by plugging the GPS on PC) but it was impossible for me to access them from the GPS. After exchanging with the after-sales service, it turned out that the SD card tree structure was not correct. I spent a day reloading the maps from their site with their application. In short, I spent 19 € for an option that I had to make myself. Twonav still hasn't refunded me this amount of money for the setup that hasn't been done.

2 - When I launched the GPS, I had random error messages and the IGN raster maps were or were not accessible, the OSM ones were. It even happened to me to have no access to any map (OSM...) while I was starting the device to start a hike. Fortunately, I had Oruxmaps and the track in my mobile. After many exchanges with the after-sales service and in spite of the reports on the GPS status sent, the answers given did not solve the problem.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Tired, I decided to remove the SD card and install the maps (again!) in the internal memory of the device. The miracle happened: it works!

3 - Twxonav finally admitted having a problem with the access of the maps located on SD card after more than a month of exchanges:

"TwoNav Admin" (TwoNav)
    Feb. 5, 2021 at 11:57 UTC+1
    Hello,

We will publish and update soon, this fixes the problem with the GPS detecting the SD card.

Sincerely
    AR
    Twonav support

No corrections have been made at the time of writing this comment.

So I won't recommend this GPS despite its interesting features. I didn't mention some black points like the tiny virtual keyboard despite the size of the screen, the green material surrounding the device which flakes off strongly in places, the bugs of Land 8, the link with my mobile impossible... The list would be too long.

7.jpg 8.jpg

This product and its environment are not sufficiently complete for the moment, I regret my purchase. Don't make the same mistake as me!

laurentjzl, Feb 26, 2021
Ask a Question