iGo Primo - voice announcements

Discussion in 'GPS Software' started by gilur, May 30, 2021.

1. gilur

gilur

Hi guys,
    I'm using the igo primo (ver 9.35.2.153810 on android). I turned on the speed limit voice announcements.
    I have two problems that I'm trying to solve:
    1. the announcement i very long "you have passed the speed limit. max speed is XXX"
    is there way to change the syntax of the slate? i guess there is a template they use. if I can edit or override it it will be great.
    2. The announcement does not sound every time. (still not sure when it is suppressed). why?

Thanks

(btw, I have no problem manually editing config/system files if needed)

gilur, May 30, 2021
  2. gilur

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I would examine the igo folders looking for a 'Voice' or maybe 'Message' etc. folder, it should contain audio files that may be in *.wav, *.ogg *.mp3 etc. format, you will be able to play these files and then edit (after backing up the original files) to make them shorter

Nuvi-Nebie, May 30, 2021
  3. gilur

gilur

I think that alert announcements are TTS. only the "old" navigation ones are audio files (like "in 200 meters turn left"... )

gilur, May 30, 2021
  4. gilur

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Ah OK, in that case look for a file containing the text, here is a line from a file called /Voices/en-gb_tts.js, it may be that edititing the text will do what you want

Code:
    // ATTENTION
        //dictionary["exceed_limit"] = tts ? "You are exceeding the speed limit" : "exceed_limit.ogg";

Note that the Java script file above was not from an igo App. (It is from OsmAnd App.), but igo may have a similar setup

Nuvi-Nebie, May 30, 2021
Ask a Question