Intro to Map Management (on the Garmin Oregon 600)

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Paul, May 18, 2015.

1. Paul

Paul

I'm new to this. I bought a Garmin Oregon 600. I knew Garmin was confusing, but I bought one anyway. It was on sale. In many ways I like it, even though I can't really use it because there are some basics that seem not to penetrate my skull.

It came with the worldwide basemap, which is pretty useless. I found an old micro SD card from a previous Garmin unit that had City Navigator North America 2014 on it. I stuck it in the unit. But I couldn't figure out how to switch from the basemap to the CN. I started up BaseCamp, and it recognized the new map. But I clearly don't have a clue about how to manage maps in the Garmin universe. Maybe in any universe. Clearly, I need to find a primer to explain all this to me. And just as clearly, I'm not going to get it from Garmin. Of all the crappy customer service departments out there, and their name is legion, Garmin must be the worst.

Any suggestions? Is there some version of "The Manual That Didn't Come with the GPS Unit" out there that tells people like me how to do stuff like this?

Much obliged.

Paul, May 18, 2015
  2. Paul

Tiotimo

Uh oh,
    I just joined thinking I'd follow the answers you got to your question, not looking good here...

Tiotimo, Jul 22, 2015
  3. Paul

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Hi Paul, Page 11 of the user manual has this :-

upload_2015-8-22_1-26-2.png

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 22, 2015
Ask a Question