Is this GPS tracking failing?

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by majestic_purchase, Jan 18, 2023.

1. majestic_purchase

majestic_purchase

Hi I am noob to Garmin GPS, I just bought a used etrex H.
    I found that it's not getting signal well. It is pretty inaccurate compared to what is recoreded by my phone. Blue is etrex and red is from the cell phone.
    eTrex was on belt in its case.
    [​IMG]
    Do you think this unit is gone?

Attached Files:

majestic_purchase, Jan 18, 2023
  2. majestic_purchase

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The Etrex H probably is less accurate than the GNSS receiver in a more modern smartphone, however there does appear to be another problem with the Etrex H, it is only storing a very small number of Track points compared to the smartphone, there are only 40 or so 'Blue' points and there are hundereds / thousands of 'Red' points

You can change how often the Etrex H stores a new Track point the options are Auto, every XXX seconds or every XXX feet traveled, it is probably best to set this to Auto with :- Menu >> Tracks >> Track Log >> Setup >> Recording Interval >> Auto

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 19, 2023
  3. majestic_purchase

majestic_purchase

Thanks, it was in battery saving so recording much less than usual. I wasn't really sure if that's model's difference. It's slightly better with less tree covers.

majestic_purchase, Jan 21, 2023
Ask a Question