Just Bought Me a New Garmin Novi 1300WT

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Novi1300WTGPS, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Novi1300WTGPS

Novi1300WTGPS

First time I've ever owned a GPS. Took about a week, (well actually about 3 days or so), checking them all out. Glad for the internet. Much easier to browse for information than going store to store.

Haven't had a chance to use it.. but had to go through a lot of piddly-poo bull crap to register it, get on line, download the free map, three of the parking lot cars, etc., etc... but considering what I got for FREE with it I can't complain.

The $239 1300WT came with the "LifeTime Traffic Notifier" power cord and a "lower 49 State" map upgrade.. both FREE.

Now, for those of you in the know I have a question. The GTM 25 power cord with "LifeTime Traffic" has a internal FM receiver that sits 7 inches behind the mini-USB GPS power plug. On the side of the receiver there's a 3/16 inch hole along its side. While doing my research I saw something to the effect that one can use a external antenna with the GTM 25. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Thanks...

Nuvi1300WTGPS

Nuvi1300WTGPS (at) Gmail.com

Novi1300WTGPS, Oct 5, 2009
Ask a Question