KK Moon upgrade

Discussion in 'Other GPS Devices' started by toppydon1, Oct 8, 2019.

1. toppydon1

toppydon1

My kkmoon 7" satnav needs an upgrade, but I'm struggling to manage it. The system is called iGo Primo, but, when I connect the device to the laptop, it just goes on a loop. I'd be grateful for any sugestions, thanks.

toppydon1, Oct 8, 2019
  2. toppydon1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Could you describe what happens when the laptop goes into 'a loop' ?, have you tried a different computer?

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 9, 2019
  3. toppydon1

toppydon1

When I go to the I go Primo website for updates, it lists manufacturers, but not KKmoon. When I click on the field 'device not listed?', it just takes me back to the same page. Googling KKmoon just throws up devices for sale, no mention of updates. Will try other laptops etc, but not hopeful.

toppydon1, Oct 10, 2019
  4. toppydon1

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

What you described isn't the laptop going into a loop, it is the website you are visiting, so it won't be fixed by trying another computer.

A better description of the problem would be that iGo website you visited does not list KKmoon as a recognised manufacturer.

There is a package called naviextras toolbox that claims to update iGo maps but at a cost, so if you are expecting free map updates I would contact the supplier you got the KKmoon from and ask them how to get them for free

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 10, 2019
  5. toppydon1

toppydon1

Thanks for that helpful suggestion. I'll try the Naviextras toolbox. I got the device direct from China - it came on the slow boat (like the old song) so I'm not expecting easy communication there. I'll let you know how I get on.

toppydon1, Oct 11, 2019
Ask a Question