Lane assist

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Hans Stofberg, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Hans Stofberg

Hans Stofberg

I bought my garmin drive smart 51 because of the lane assist . Now it seems to be a baby in dipers it is only available on major high ways .What a flop . They don't tell you that if you buy a garmin . Of course the screen is nicer and updating is easy with wifi and they are vaster .
    But if there is no lane assist my old nuvi 255 does a better and clearer job . And in hind site do you really want to be pestered with phone calls and e mails on your screen if you are concentrating on your road directions???
    And my old nuvi 255 has a battery live of 4 hours so I used it in towns and walks to mark my starting point so that I could always find my car back .

Hans Stofberg, Jun 11, 2017
  2. Hans Stofberg

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Lane assist is 'built-in' to maps, So the unit can only display data contained in the current map it is using, this does tend to only be on main routes unfortunately

Nuvi-Nebie, Jun 12, 2017
Ask a Question