Lifetime Subscriptions

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Nuvi-Nebie

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

This is a general discussion about lifetime subscriptions that you are likely to get bundled with a satnav / GPS product that covers free updates of maps, traffic information etc. Forum users often ask how long is 'Life' and the stock answer appears to be 'For the life of the product', but how long is that?

Magellan are saying the life of their products is only 2 - 3 years :-
    But do they terminate updates after this period?, I can say that some (if not all?), Garmin 'Lifetimes' are good for at least 5 years and maybe a good deal longer

What are other user's findings ?

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Nuvi-Nebie

satnav-pal

Garmin seems to support their products for the longest, I've readarticles complaining about the arbitrary definition of "lifetime" that Magellan uses. I have a garmin bought secondhand, 2598lmthd, and i was able to link it yo my account and enjoy free updates. Additionally Tomtom honors their lifetime subscription. They get flack but they honor their subscription for many older models that would sold with lifetime updates. I would stay away from Magellan until they learn what lifetime means.

satnav-pal, Aug 24, 2020
Ask a Question