Looking for a GPS receiver chip that has constant 1 PPS output.

Discussion in 'GPS Technical Discussion' started by Bryane, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Bryane

Bryane

Does anyone know of a GPS receiver chip that has a 1 PPS output even if it is not locked on any Sats? What I need is a 1 PPS timing signal before it locks onto Sats. Initially it could be an inaccurate 1 PPS output and once there is a lock then I would get the synchronized 1 PPS output.
    I've been looking at some of the newer GPS chips and they will only output a 1 PPS signal after a Fix on the several sats is acquired. I need this for timing of several lights that will flash at the exactly same rate. Each light will have it's own GPS for timing. When power is applied they will all start flashing up after they get their locks to the Sats they will all flash at the same time.

Thanks
    Bryan

Bryane, Nov 23, 2015
  2. Bryane

ernie

u-blox timing receivers such as the 6T and M8T are very flexible in this regard and can be configured to output different signals when there is a lock vs. no lock. For instance you can configure them to output the exact same signal either way, lock or no lock if you like.

ernie, Dec 26, 2015
Ask a Question