Looking for a new Garmin GPS. Optimize??

Discussion in 'Garmin GPS' started by Brian Ski, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Brian Ski

Brian Ski

I want to get a new GPS. I prefer a Garmin. I run deliveries and some of the drivers have the newer ones where you can put in multiple stops and it will optimize a route. I would like something with a larger screen but don't mind a new but older model. What models have the optimize route feature??

Garmins site seems to be no help. If I try a Best Buy I get a blank look and the guy picks up a box to read it. And they only have a couple models. Voice entry would be a plus. Maybe one that would tie in with a phone?? I am not a bank so price is an option. Especially if it gets damaged.

If I can get a few model numbers or tell me what to look for. BTW I only use US maps. Thanks

Brian Ski, Aug 1, 2019
  2. Brian Ski

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Most garmin Satnavs will do what you want, you need to get one with Multi-Point Routing, this feature is called 'Trip Planner' on Garmins, you can plan your trip on a free computer program called Garmin Basecamp, you would input say destinations 1,2,3,4,5 and then select Optimise to get say 1,3,5,4,2, you would then download it to your satnav

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 1, 2019
  3. Brian Ski

Brian Ski

Don't want to enter by computer. Want to enter directly into the garmin... Voice or manual... Will look for multi point routing... Would be nice to have a listing somewhere with the ones that have it. Thanks

Brian Ski, Aug 1, 2019
  4. Brian Ski

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Destinations can be entered on the satnav and then optimised but it will take longer than using Basecamp. If you get a chance to look at some units before you buy, look in the Main Menus for Apps, then Trip Planner

Here is Garmin's list of Trip Planner units (Click HERE)

There is another list of Garmins that have multipoint routing (Click HERE), but I don't think it is up to date

Nuvi-Nebie, Aug 1, 2019
    edagrade likes this.
  5. Brian Ski

Brian Ski

Thanks for your help... I decided to call Garmin. He asked what I had now and he said for customer loyalty he would knock 30% off of a Drivesmart 51 LMT-S Pretty good. They don't change model numbers as much. I found a Drive 51 LMT-S and he said that is different. The drive smart has more features.

Brian Ski, Aug 1, 2019
Ask a Question