Looking for a simple GPS to put on a foster dog that keeps going for runs....

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Holly, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Holly

Holly

Hey!
    I'm not really up to date with the new tech, but would like to pin my foster dogs with GPS to see where they are running off to.

Its sad- even our cats stay on our property.
    Yet the dogs go to Tim buck two.
    If my inside/outside cat isn't within sight of the house I know she's next door saying hi to my niece and killing bugs.

Anyway, I don't have much to spend on it- but it would be great to have.

Would be cool if I would get an alert when they went past a certain point.

They run so fast that I look out the door and they're too far away to hear my call if I don't catch them as they hit the mailbox ;-;

Anyway thanks for reading!

Holly, Jan 29, 2018
  2. Holly

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

There are a couple of ways to do this, you can use a 'GPS logger' to store a track of where the dog has been, this can only be examined when the dog returns (by connecting the logger to a computer), or you can get a 'pet / child tracker', this is similar to the logger but also has a cell phone built-in, you can call it for a current location or log into a website that is in contact with the tracker to see history track and current position, you can also set a 'zone' on a map and get the tracker to message you if the dog goes outside this area

The problem is that the batteries in a tracker won't last very long, so you would have to know when to activate it

Nuvi-Nebie, Jan 30, 2018
Ask a Question