Looking for budget handheld GPS device for hiking

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Bhanu Uday, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Bhanu Uday

Bhanu Uday

Hi I am new to this forum and in the next 10 days I will be going for a hiking trip with my colleagues while most of them have gone on such trips previously but this is my first hike and arranging some of the essential gear for the trip.

So I am here in this forum to find a good handheld GPS device suggestions from people who have experience on such devices. I am looking for a low cost as this is my first hiking trip also planning to go on hiking trips in future too. As of now, I am thinking to buy one of these devices Garmin eTrex 20x or GPSMAP 64S as they seem to be affordable yet have good features. However, I do have difficulty in using buttoned devices but thinking I would get comfortable over time.

I would be glad if someone who used these devices previously could help me whether the devices are suitable for hiking trips or do they have any problems. If you think any other GPS device would be much better please suggest the device.

Bhanu Uday, Jun 28, 2018
    John Cate likes this.
  2. Bhanu Uday

Bhanu Uday

Update:

Okay guys, I am going with the Garmin GPSMAP 64S device as I found it wouldn't be much difficult to use for navigation purpose and it has much better features at an affordable price. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    Bhanu Uday, Jun 29, 2018
Ask a Question