Looking for the right GPS app

Discussion in 'General GPS Discussion' started by Mr Lid, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Mr Lid

Mr Lid

I'm new to this site, hope I'm in the right spot.
    So here goes I'm looking for the right android app for my new phone.
    To start with What android gps app can repeat the last spoken command. You know tap Somewhere on the screen, have the command prompt repeated. There are other features that I'm interested in, but getting directions repeated seems to be hard to come by. I've mainly looked on Google play store.

Mr Lid, Sep 25, 2015
  2. Mr Lid

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Navigon by Garmin claims to do this, e.g. "You can tap the most recent direction in the left bottom corner to repeat the current command.", I have never used this App. so I can't recommend it. I use OSMAnd on my Android devices, but I can't find any mention of the function you are asking for in it.

Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Mr Lid

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

I had another look at the OSMAnd settings and found it does exactly what you want (See Menus Below), I can definitely recommend this Android App., There is a free version that has an almost full set of features with no adverts and even the paid version is only £5 UK (the paid version is not really needed), It downloads OSM maps for free to you smartphone so you don't need a cell-phone / Wi-Fi connection to make it work and it has many extras, including displaying a downloaded GPX track on the map, recording a GPX track of your journey, displaying the location of another OSMAnd user onto your map, etc.

OSMAnd-repeat1.png OSMAnd-repeat2.png

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Nuvi-Nebie, Sep 26, 2015
Ask a Question