Magellan 5175T-LM map update

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by leoj, Oct 13, 2023.

1. leoj

leoj

Hi, I'm trying to update maps on this device. Content manager is obsolete. Device driver is not recognized in Windows 10 64 bit, although it installed ok in Vista. I can't find anywhere to download the Chrome browser plugin.

The web-based software doesn't detect my device when I plug in the USB connector.

I tried getting in touch with Magellan tech support. They want remote access to my computer, which I would prefer to avoid. They refused to send me instructions on how to do it myself.

Does anyone know how to update maps? Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

leoj, Oct 13, 2023
  2. leoj

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Are you sure you really did contact Magellan and not some bogus website claiming to be them, I would be very suspicious of anybody wanting remote access to your computer, when checking out this map update supplier, don't use anything that they supplied you with, so if it was a website, don't use any links on that site to other locations on the Web or use a telephone number supplied by them, if they are bogus then everthing they supply you with is also going to be bogus

Nuvi-Nebie, Oct 14, 2023
Ask a Question