Magellan 5230 - Wow this bites so far

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by xtc, Aug 17, 2013.

1. xtc

xtc

Ok - Got prompted for map updates.... guess what tried and failed. not once, not twice but 3 trimes. I dug deeper - there is no space available to complete the upgrades.

The files download, unzips, and fails at install towards 80 % complete. with a generic fail messsage. When I looked at file system - 0 bites available. I guess that answers why there is no other voice options, or icon options.

I will call support to give them a chance, but i think this is going back to the store. Too bad seems like a nice unit with a lot of potential.

Will let u all know what comes of it.

xtc, Aug 17, 2013
  2. xtc

xtc

well i have given support plenty of chances to help. several hours spent on this.
    I believe there is not enough system space. they claim 2GB actually has about 1.75
    my last attempt bricked the unit today is my last day where i can return to store.
    Given support plently of chances and time to remediate. Called 3 times no answer, and no response back from my email yesterday either.

I guess i am keeping the garmin... ps garmin has port for a card so never have to run out of space for future maps...

good luck to u all

xtc, Aug 20, 2013
Ask a Question