Magellan Customer Support

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Zenbob, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Zenbob

Zenbob

Just a warning---do not buy a Magellan GPS!!

The customer support is basically non-existent if you actually have a problem! They can help with "basic" set up answers, if you get lucky enough to find a tech that speaks and understands English.

I bought a new RV9365 from Camping World and couldn't get the traffic alert to work! It was not receiving the radio signals necessary! Naturally, I thought I had purchased a defective unit, so I returned it to Camping World for an exchange. The exchange unit did the same thing, no traffic! To make a long story short, I sent the second one back to Magellan and received a third RV9365, and it had the same problem! This all took place over a four week period, with numerous telephone calls, on line chat, and e-mails with customer support! Finally I was told that it was an "Isolated Incident" and they would notify their engineering dept!, and that was the last I heard from them! Can't be an isolated incident if it happened to three new units in a row!
    I returned the last unit to Camping World and exchanged it for a Good Sam GPS!
    By the way, I know there was traffic information available because I have a RV9165 that works perfect, and I set them up side by side on my dash!
    Needless to say, I have purchased my last Magellan product!

Zenbob, Dec 14, 2016
    Icomv100 likes this.
  2. Zenbob

Icomv100

I had the same experience with Magellan support,i need a recovery file for my Magellan 5310,told me to buy a new device, would not supply me with the file.
    They suck.

Icomv100, Sep 18, 2018
Ask a Question