Magellan GPS 2000 Not Compatible?

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Horizons, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Horizons

Horizons

I bought a Handheld GPS 2000 about a week ago off ebay Model PN62011

(I did own one of these before in the late 90s)

I set the date, 15 < 2015

And the time and everything else including of course the co-ordinates

When I go outside it says ''searching'' The whole bar fills up black, but never locks on...

Also, I notice when I do get a signal from a sat, the date I set gets reverted back to 1995...

Im thinking its not Compatible anymore, however, im in communication with a seller on ebay who says he is able to lock on, and even showed me a photo of the screen, and in fact he is locked on. His is a Magellan GPS 2000 also, Model 62010

Im very confused why his GPS can lock on, but mine cant, I do notice that on the front of his screen, it says EUROP, and on mine it says OFT...

Well that just explains it in a nutshell, if anyone can advise me that would be great

Thanks

Horizons, Mar 18, 2015
  2. Horizons

Bill-TheOldOne

Similar problem- I've had this unit for more than 20 years and it still works fine except-

Until the batteries went flat a few years ago and it self-initialized to the "new" default settings, it was able to keep up with the year. However, since then, I cannot get past Y2K and am currently at 30NOV97.
    Would it help if I removed the batteries and let the built-in battery/capacitor go flat and then go through the initialization process? Now, if I try to initialize it remembers the erroneous date and doesn't provide the option to set it.

Is this the only computer to have succumbed to the dreaded Y2K crash?

Bill-TheOldOne, Jul 16, 2017
  3. Horizons

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

The units in posts #1 and #2 both seem to have the Week Roll-Over problem, there are notes here about this, the notes are for Garmin products, but other makes had the same problem, Please note that the downloadable program fix only works on Garmins as far as I know, but you may get some useful info. from it :-
    https://www.gps-forums.com/threads/what-is-the-week-rollover-problem.46549/

Nuvi-Nebie, Jul 16, 2017
Ask a Question