Magellan GPS 2000 XL

Discussion in 'Magellan GPS' started by Bill Schrieber, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Bill Schrieber

Bill Schrieber

Magellan GPS 2000 XL

Last time I used it was about 8 years ago it WORKED GOOD NOW NOTHING so I put it in my car initialized it and for 3 days it has been searching and no bars HELP

Bill Schrieber, Mar 31, 2018
  2. Bill Schrieber

Nuvi-Nebie Moderator

Is it possible to manually set the date on this unit?, this will help the unit get a fix, some of these older units suffer from the 'Week Rollover' problem, it is not always fixable

The unit needs to be placed outdoors away from trees, buildings etc. where it has a clear 'view' of the sky

Nuvi-Nebie, Mar 31, 2018
  3. Bill Schrieber

Bill Schrieber

I set the coordinates to my other GPS the time the date set it outside with my cigarette lighter adapter hook to my truck with a clear view of the sky first for a day then 3 days and still nothing all it ever does is say searching never get my bars back I guess it's a loss I really don't want to trust it to take my boat out in the ocean so I can't depend on it but I appreciate the words of advice thank you very much

Bill Schrieber, Apr 4, 2018
  4. Bill Schrieber

alcanjp

Did you ever get it to work!

alcanjp, Sep 6, 2019
Ask a Question